The NGO DARPAN is a free facility that the NITI Aayog provides the NGOs and VOs to help them keep themselves updated regarding new government schemes and grants. The platform will help build a stronger partnership between NGOs and the government.
Furthermore, completing the NGO DARPAN registration process gives NGOs more credibility and accountability. Though the portal started under the Prime Minister’s Office, the management later shifted to the NITI Aayog, with help from the Ministry of Electronics and IT. Since then, the portal has grown to become an e-governance application that helps foster a more transparent and healthy relationship between the government and NGOs.
Benefits of NGO DARPAN registration:
- Helps NGOs and other volunteer organisations to interact and engage with Government departments.
- Obtain a unique ID that helps improve the credibility and goodwill of the NGO.
- Department and Ministry websites will coordinate with the NGO DARPAN to share vital information.
- Enables the seamless flow of data from the government to various NGOs around the country.
- Updated information regarding new schemes, projects, and the progress of earlier initiatives.
- Departments will use this platform to understand more about NGOs before considering their appeals.
- Helps in the creation of a database or repository of information regarding VOs/NGOs.
Documents required for NGO DARPAN Registration:
- Copy of the Registration Certificate.
- Pan Card of NGO.
- PAN and Aadhaar Card of 3 Members in the executive committee.
Details you will have to provide include;
- PAN Number
- Name of NGO
- NGO Address
- Registration authority and Registration Number
- Date of Registration
- Details of three members who are on the executive committee
- Details funding from the government and chief area of working
- First and foremost, users must go to the NGO DARPAN’s official website.
- Sign Up and create a user ID and password.
- Give OTP for registration and provide all the required details regarding NGO
- We need to provide basic contact details during this step, along with details regarding PAN card.
- Once they receive an OTP on the mobile number they provided, we can use that for verification and generate new password.
- After using those to log in, we will have to provide details regarding registration.
- Provide further detail if you have multiple registrations
- Choose the appropriate sector of operation and fill up your achievements section as well.
- Lastly, provide address and then click on Submit.